14 September 2013

A Book Dispenser in Toronto

It was a whopping 6C this morning when I set out to walk Deacon so my scarf and jacket have been dug out from the back of the closet.  The nights have begun to draw in so the atmosphere is perfect for my George Gissing novel The Nether World, which is fabulous by the way!  The teensy, squishy font is a bit of a pain but well worth the eye strain.

The plan for tomorrow is that my husband would like to take in a baseball game in Toronto before the season winds up and would I like to be dropped off to scrounge around some bookshops?  There is one shop in particular that I have been really interested to visit called The Monkey's Paw.  For the small sum of two dollars you can gamble on the unknown and most likely find a dud pop out of the tray but doesn't it look like fun?  Click on the link below to see it in action...




6 comments:

  1. I'd get a dud, I just know it. And you would be right next to me in line and get the best book ever! That would be OK. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun,but as you know we don't ignore the discount bins here! I've already got that Jane Grigson cookbook - but I bet with your luck, it'll pop out an undiscovered Dorothy Whipple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hers to a Whipple surprise for you, Darlene!
    Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great marketing idea. I'm glad you are enjoying The Nether World. I started it and was enjoying it a lot but to be honest it started getting so depressing that I gave it up in the end. I shall be interested in hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Did you have a go, Darlene?! I know if I did I'd end up with '101 Mushroom recipes' or 'A Treatise on the History of Methodism' or something along those awful lines. Though for $2 it's worth a punt! It might just be a Whipple!

    ReplyDelete