3 September 2014

Radio Drama

Is anyone listening to Home Front, a radio drama set in Great War Britain?

This entertaining series highlights facts from the era set against the backdrop of village life in Folkestone.  Each broadcast matches that day's date with events from one hundred years ago and will run for four years.  This listener is hooked and there are enough aristocratic accents and maids scrubbing collars to keep fans of Downton happy until the next series!

Where are Jimmy and Sam, what will Kitty do, and as for the vicar....well!  My poor dog had to keep looking over his shoulder during our walk this morning to make sure I was still there as his companion was too immersed to utter a single 'good boy'.

The podcast hasn't been running long so you can catch up and many thanks to Mary for bringing this show to my attention.

7 comments:

  1. Just long enough for a cup of tea at lunchtime! I knew you'd like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you were right! They almost lost me with that little incident involving the gun but thankfully it was only a graze *phew*.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good! I'm downloading the Omnibus editions & I should be able to catch up over the next couple of weeks as I'll be on holidays. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the thing for when you're out in the garden, Lyn.

      Delete
    2. I'm three omnibus episodes in now & completely hooked!

      Delete
  3. I was able to download all the homefront series on ITunes. Also I can individually listen to them on my smart phone through BBC site. I am thoroughly enjoying them though haven't gotten through August yet! It is so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been felled with a stomach bug for the last few days and this series has been a godsend. Loving it!

    ReplyDelete