17 December 2014

Guilty Pleasures for the Christmas Holiday


There are a few 'musts' during the Christmas holiday such as acts of goodwill and the Barefoot Contessa's Cranberry Fruit Conserve.  Another 'must' is buying a couple of magazines and if there's a gorgeous coffee table book going for a reasonable price then I will treat myself to that as well.

My copy of 'A Year in the Life of Downton Abbey: Seasonal Celebrations, Traditions, and Recipes' arrived a couple of weeks ago and has been stashed away ever since.  The delayed gratification is going to kill me...the dresses from the past two series have been absolutely stunning and I want to luxuriate over every detail.

So here's to indulgent reading and eating your weight in clementines and chocolate while you're at it.

8 comments:

  1. What lovely indulgences. I hope you have lots of time to luxuriate in them over the holidays. Merry Christmas! Btw, isn't it great to have Home Front back again? What did you think of Isabel & Ralph's Brief Encounter moment last week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're funny, Lyn...brief is definitely the word! My thought is that Isabel should run a mile...Ralph is not nice. The image of little Jessie singing her heart out in her mini-uniform is warming my heart though!
      And Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear about the Downton Abbey book. Sounds perfect for right now. Will be adding that one to my Christmas list! Enjoy all your fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only is it exactly the book for you in content, the red cover would look perfectly at home in your beautiful library. And thank you for a bit of inspiration - your photo of the tray under your amaryllis sent me running for a certain Christmas tray hiding in a cupboard. It's under my poinsettia arrangement and adds a bit of sparkle!

      Delete
  3. Couldn't think of a better treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you, Mystica, Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  4. How have I missed the Downton Abbey book? Maybe if I put in a special request Santa might be able to deliver it on time...

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, JoAnn! This book seems to be flying under the radar - there were only three holds on our library copy. And Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete